Monday, January 18, 2010

How Did the Skulls Get in Here?


In December, there was a startling amount of acceptances. My poems appeared in 'Apparatus Magazine', which I like not only because red is my favorite color:
http://www.apparatusmagazine.com/V1I6AlexandraSeidel.html
The titles the editor comes up with are inspiring. I like being inspired. 'Passages & Doorways' by the way reminded me of Neil Gaiman's 'Neverwhere'. I love that book.
More poetry and prose is forthcoming at 'Apparatus Magazine' too. I hope you're looking forward to it. I know I do.

Then, there was this:
http://www.foundlingreview.com/Dec2009Issue2Seidel.html (check out 'The Arm' by Kevin Wilson too!)
Now, this site is b&w-gorgeous. They have amazing photographs and I could spend hours looking at them. In fact, I did. You should too. Also, read the written stuff.

In early January, I was surprised to find a little link to here in my inbox:
http://dansemacabre.art.officelive.com/Internationale.aspx
My poem 'In the East' is somewhere in the middle of the poetry section. I think the idea behind 'Danse Macabre' is absolutely brilliant, after all, what is literature if not border-less and international, speaking more to mind and heart than passport and nationality. Also, I like skulls.

That said, let me announce The Forthcoming:
There will be poems in The Horror Zine (again, it's the skulls that did it for me)
One humorous poem found lodging at Niteblade (which could do with more skulls)
Something of the literary genre went to decomP

That is all. For now. Concerning publications. I did get a whole bunch of rejections though, not few of them telling me that my writing was good or giving some useful advice. I love editors who take the time to do that. And I like skulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment