Thursday, March 18, 2010

Writing, Wells, Lost Time, and for Some Inexplicable Reason, Banana Pancakes


Oh my, just where did all that time go? Did aliens take it? Bigfoot? Tibetan monks? I have been so busy for the last couple of weeks, I don't seem do get anything done properly, like, for instance, writing my blog...or write other stuff such as poems or stories. When I do get to write stuff though, it seems to be involving wells these days, hence the picture (but in my writing, they don't ever come over quite as quaint as this one...).

Anyhow, that is not quite enough to keep my writing from getting published. Three of my poems will appear in The Horror Zine Anthology Book 2. It's the same poems that you can take a look at here, but don't you agree that writing on paper can be so much nicer?

One of my poems, The Cup, was just accepted by Word Salad Poetry Magazine. So keep your eyes peeled for that. I think that, incidentally, it has something to do with time and the loss thereof, or more precisely the abandonment of being attached to time, as in live in the here and now. Gee, you should never ask an author what it is they write about...

I do suppose though that time and wells go well together (oh man, absolutely no pun intended, believe you me). Right. I really just wrote that. Well (rrrrgh...), I'll deal with that later. For now, I'd best get back to, ah, waiting for some sort of inspiration to hit me on the back of my head with a wooden spoon or possibly and iron pan. Reminds me, I have been thinking about banana pancakes a lot lately...

No comments:

Post a Comment