Thursday, May 27, 2010

Working...

Just so I put something here, y'know...

I'm working on several stories at the moment. One of them is almost finished, just doing some final touches. Funnily enough, it is, in a way, about a tiger and was inspired by Blakes The Tiger:

What the hammer? What the chain?
In what furnace was thy brain?
(W. Blake)

I mean, this is just mind-boggling stuff. Kept me awake and haunted my dreams...

Anyway. I'm doing something about Arabian Nights which I never liked as a child but am rediscovering now. Also, Hänsel and Gretel, which is headed towards horror, and something about holding your breath which is headed towards I-know-not-where. Just for the record, explaining why you wrote what you wrote and what it means is a pain. Not that I don't think when I write, it just appears more abstract on the page than it seems when I think about it. Making sense yet? Good.

I still have a circus story somewhere, unfinished. It is not a funny story. I think I should work on that next, perhaps, but killing thieves with boiling oil also has its appeal...

Also, I know I saw a dragon story, somewhere. Must be hiding, mangy thing.

If only the day had a couple more hours, I could write more. It hasn't, and I can only type so fast. (Note to self: write poem about loss.)

No comments:

Post a Comment