Thursday, June 17, 2010

Rejection


For a change, I won't be writing about work of mine that got accepted, but about the stuff that didn't. Seriously, am I the only writer who gets rejections like "We really, really liked it but..."?

I mean, sure, it's sweet and all, and there isn't much I could be more grateful for than the editors' critique, but sometimes I just feel a little misunderstood. Okay, it is my fault since I'm the one writing that stuff people like but not quite enough to buy it. *Sniffle*

Also, lately I got several rewrite requests. Boy, that totally redefines stressful. I don't know what's worse, rewriting something for an editor or for yourself (me, I'd make a great critic). And how the heck do you rewrite a poem that seemed totally perfect? I'll even have to change the title which I totally picked with a reason and which I totally felt fit the piece. Urgh.

Even so, I prefer personal rejections to forms. It makes me feel so much more like a person. Not that I aim to collect more of them than I have to...

I shall go and sit in that corner now, broodingly contemplating my writing. So if you'd please excuse me...

No comments:

Post a Comment