Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy New Year 2011--Year of the Rabbit



Happy New Year to y'all!

Yes, I am doing the Chinese calendar thing again. If, for some reason, this does not agree with your sense of taste or propriety or whatever, you may bite me. And no, I don't think you have to be Chinese to use the Chinese calender. I'm a Taiji teacher who's been hiking the Great Wall for Buddha's sake, how much more do I need to adapt?

Anyway, I like the Chinese zodiac. It speaks to my vegetarian nature. I like animals and do, in general, consider them cute. The rabbit is unarguably among the cutest of the zodiac...which is totally why you should celebrate this year. Again.

Happy New Year all ye rabbit-born folk out there!

One question bothers me though. Why the hell are rabid and rabbit so much alike? Could there be a conspiracy there?

No comments:

Post a Comment